When to apply for an in-year place
You should apply for an in-year school place for your child if you:
- have moved into Newham
- want your child to be educated in Newham
- want to change your child's school in Newham.
Do not use this application for a:
- planned move into a reception class
- transfer from an infant to junior school
- move from primary to secondary school.
The form can be completed online or on a paper form (see below).
The online form will take 15-20 minutes to complete. You will be unable to save the form as you go along, so before you start make sure you have:
- your National Insurance number
- your NASS reference number (if you are an asylum seeker)
- your address and your child's address if different
- your child's doctor and dentist details
- details of your child's social worker (if applicable)
- details of any recent exclusions from school (if applicable).